Merry Christmas to and your families. I am grateful for your support and encouragement that has allowed Youngsters for Christ Team to continue our ministry.
Youngsters for Christ Team (YCT) is an interdenominational ministry committed to encourage, disciple, and to empower God’s people in their homes, schools, colleges, and villages.
YCT works to partner with the local churches to help develop mature, disciple souls of Jesus Christ, especially among the least reached in society. We do this within our indoor/ outdoor outreach through love, compassion, and facilitating cross-cultural missions and forums.
I came to join the Youngsters for Christ Team (YCT) while in Form 3 schooling, where I have been able to grow in ministry.
I always say that “YCT – Youngsters for Christ Team is a place of effective ministry that leads all People especially young people to a place of eternal reward".
Through all of their programs and activities, especially Wednesday Bible Studys, I have grown in reading God's Word. I also joined YCT worship team, which is composed of worshippers from different churches. I have learned a lot about what it takes to be a laborer in God’s harvest field. God bless YCT. And amazing thing is that our leader pastor Sammy always workers hard to help others get a bible to rea, Just this week I was blessed by our leader Sammy with a new bible to replace my very old one which missed some chaptors because of missing pages.
- Dignify A Girl – “soul and body purity” (hygiene): This program reaches out to young girls and young ladies through Sanitary Pads. Here in the slums of Kibera many can’t afford cloth for pads and they end up sharing with other family members. This program is in our ministry center building. Sometimes we reach out to schools where we share our ongoing programs.
- Kids feeding program: We bring together more than 150 kids from the ages 3 to 13 years-old. Many of these kids go two or more days without a meal.
- Supporting local churches and their pastors: We support evangelism, discipleship trainings and mentorship programs. We help in providing them with NIV Bibles, especially for Pastors. We also show Jesus Films in different villages and schools.
- Student’s ministry: With the population growth of the youth, new schools and colleges are coming up. Youngsters For Christ Team has been able to find grounds to connect with a very good number of these institutions. We have been able to establish some Christian cell groups that help our ministry to reach out to more students from within. Each year end, we always have more than 80 Student Leaders finishing school. As a result we always have to bring new students in to continue with the leadership in these cell groups from within.
- Provide kids with meals through the feeding program in the Kibera Slum. We are bringing kids together and teaching them God’s word through different ways (materials like drawing papers, colors, paints and others).
- Provide girls with sanitary pads each month.
- Provide bibles for Pastors and others. Funds for materials to help facilitate trainings. Transportation to work in the field.
- Praise the lord for protection from the beginning of the year 2016; as we believe He will continue to protect us in the coming year.
- Pray for all of our workers in the field as they continue to share their hearts for Jesus Christ and ministry.
- Pray for the local churches that they will grow in mentorship and maturity, as we work to support them.
- We pray for the provisions of adequate financial resources on a monthly base to support the activities and all the Transforming programs, as they bring the word of life to meet real people, in their real lives and in real struggles.
- Pray for the safety, and protection of my family and others in the ministry especially here in Kibera because it’s the center point of the Government opposition (In the last election here many were killed, raped, and houses touched) the election will be held on August 2017.